Unit 5. POPULATION AND TERRITORY

 Tuesday, 10th of January 2023

Hi again friends! I am here again to learn with you while we are having fun! 

In this unit we will learn about poblation and territory. Cool, isn't it? But first I want you to meet my friend.



Hi Poké-students!  My name is Minccino, and I am so excited to be with you this day!

I am going to help you to know better the place where we live. Let's start!

 

 

 

    1. The population and its distribution.

1.1. The worl population.

First of all, do you know how many people live on the Earth? Around 7000 millions people! It's amazing! But we all cannot live in the same place because we wouldn't fit, that's why there are different continents where people are distribuated. 

Pikachu told me that you already know the name of the continents, so let's see!

ACTIVITY 1. Match the name to its continent:

 

- Europe                    - America

-Africa                        - Asia

- Oceania                   - Antarctica


 

 

1.2. The distribution of the territory.

As we said before, not all the people live it the same place, people live spread over six continents but they don't have the same number of inhabitants. Do you know why?

First, I want you to know some of my friends:


Hi! I am Florgers.My friends and I live in the flat areas of the country side because here it is easier to cultivate. Even though I live in the country side, the flat area facilitates as well the life in the city, because it makes easier to build.

 

 

  

Hi! I am Glaceon. Did you know that I can regulate my own temperature? I am never hot or cold because of that, can you control your temperatura as well?

Oops, someone has just told me that you can't.... well, don't worry because the beach also regulates the temperature, so you can live close to it!



Hi everyone! I am Vaporeon. As I am a water Pokémon, I live in the river because it gives me all the water I need to live! But water Pokémons are not the only ones that needs water, everyone needs it!
 
 
 
 
 
Hey! I am Lillipup. I moved to the city two months ago because my mother found a job here (cities have so many work options!). Here there are a lot of buses and trains that can get me wherever I want in a second! Also, here there are a lot of buildings and services, so it is really good.


 
 
 
 
Well, now that you have known my friends and the characteristic of the places where they live... I think that you are ready to do this activity:)





ACTIVITY 2. Choose the right answer.

 1. We need water to live, that's why people use to live near/far away from rivers.

2. The beach regulates the temperature, that's why there are more people living near/far away from the cost.

3. Areas with flat terrain make it easier to cultivate land and build buildings, that's why people don't prefer/prefer to live in flat areas.

4. In cities there are more services, better communications and more opportunities to find work, that's why people prefer living in cities/in the country

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario