How is relief formed?

Wednesday, 9th of November 2022



Hello Poké Students!! Today we are going to go further and we are going to learn new things.

For that, my friend Dwebble is going to study with you the formation of the Earth's relief.




    2.1 The plates of the Earth's crust

Ey ey eyyy!

As you have seen, the Earth's crust is divided into pieces called plates. These plates are in constant motion, and the movements can create mountain ranges, fault lines or pits.

Let's watch a video about it: 

Plate Tectonics


Now, I have a challenge for you! You must finish the following activity before I collect another rock for my shell. If you win, I promise you all will get a pokeball today, but I'm sure I'll beat you!

Activity 1.

Match the definitions with the corresponding words.


Hahaha! I already found another rock!! 

Wait... WHAT?! Have you finished yet? I can't believe it. Ok, you win. 

But we are not done...

    
    2.2 The volcanoes

Wow, I really like that part. I find volcanoes very interesting. 
The way in which the volcanic eruption occurs and how the lava comes out... I LOVE IT! Do you like volcanoes?

I found the video with many interesting facts about them. Let's watch it! All about volcanoes

I am going to leave you an activity while I look for my friends.



Activity 2.
Label the parts of the volcano by selecting the words from the box given below.


Already? You are very hardworkers! 
My friends are coming. While they arrive, we are going to move on to the next form of transformation of relief.




 

    2.3 Erosion and sedimentation

We have seen that there are two natural forms of landscapes transformation: sedimentation and erosion.
Erosion is the wear produced by water, wind and ice, giving new shapes to the relief.
While sedimentation is the deposit of fragments of the Earth in another place. These are transported by the wind and rivers.

My friends are supposed to bring you a challenge... Oh, here they come!


Hi! We are Dwebble friends, he told us that you are hardworkers and we wanted to check it. 
That's why we have brought you an activity. We have worked hard and we think you are going to need help. Are you ready?



Activity 3. 
Match the words with the pictures.





He was right!!! 
You guys are amazing!!

We hope they invite us again to come and see you. Bye!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario