Why the population varies

 Friday, 13th of January 2023


Hello! Yesterday you learnt about the Team Rocket's city and also about yours. Are you ready for a new learning day? Let's do it!

For today's lesson, I want yo to meet another friend.


Hi Poké-students! I am Teddiursa and today you are going to learn with me about why the population varies. Let's start!



 2. Why does the population varie?

First of all, I want you to know a little more about about where I live.

I am the mayor of the Silver City. Would you like to live here? It is a big city with flat areas close to the sea, and it has 700.000 pokemons living here. In the last month, we have had 23 emigrations (pokemons that have left the city), but 30 immigrations (pokemons that are new in our city). Also in the last month, 28 pokemon have died, but 60 have been born.

So, as you can notice, our population has variated because of the natural growth and the migration growth, do you want to know the exact number? Let´s calculate the real growth.

As you can see, this mean that there has been an increase in the population of 39 pokemon.

 

Now I want you to do a quick kahoot to see if you have learnt all this terms that I have shown you! 

 



To finish this new learning, I am going to ask you some questions about the variation of my city in the last three months considering all the types of pokémon that live here.


 Now, answer the following questions:

1.- How many pokemon have been born in the city during these three months?
2.- How many pokemon have died in the city during these three months?
3.- Calculate the natural growth of this population.

4.- How many pokemon have migrated out of the city in the last three months?
5.- How many pokemon have immigrated into the city during these three months?
6-. Calculate the migration growth of this population.

7-. Calculate the real growth of this population.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario